Friday, January 17, 2014

Day 17 
This morning I finished my study of 2 Corinthians!  I was really looking forward to being done with this book as relationships are not my best subject.  However, when you spend that much time with something, its hard to let it go without feeling bitter-sweet. Its also apparent, after this particular study, that with much struggle comes much growth.  I hope that's the case here.  Saint Paul is much more of a "bottom-line" kind of guy than he gets credit for.  Here are some main points he pounded home -

1)  focus less on others' inferiority/superiority and more on my relationship with God, He says I am found worthy
2) grow in my faith,
3) know that when I am weak, He makes me strong
3)  boast of the good things God does in my life (tell our stories), and
4) finally, friends - be cheerful, be made complete, be comforted, think in harmony, live in peace and the God of love and peace will be with you for sure.  (NIV/The Message; 2 Cor. 13:11)

Comments:
Vickie Dyck:  "With much struggle comes much growth" - that is my hope in my own life as well You always give me a thought for the day; something to chew on - thank-you.
Marilee FehrThanks Karen. Your openness in posting your growth and learning is encouraging to me.
Karen Martens: I'm so glad my friends. I have to say that your daily words have also become a source of comfort and encouragement to me. Unfortunately for you all, I, now, consider us bound in this journey.
People who like this:  Karen, Sara, Tanja

No comments:

Post a Comment