Monday, January 13, 2014

Day 13 
You know when you finish something and it doesn't turn out the exact way you wanted it to? ... last night my frustration with finishing this fairly simple project ended up with me growling, stomping upstairs, and going to bed ... without posting. After some reflection today ... I would have to say sometimes "good enough" IS perfect. I refuse to lose any enjoyment when I look at it. I plan to slap the thought that its not perfect right out of my brain the minute it tries to show up!!! On that note ...

I have my great-grandpa's shells (Bapa), my grandparent's shells from Hawaii, New York and Dore Lake, and my own collection from our five years living in Florida and a trip to California. (see second pic below) I am "finishing" small projects with them for my getaway room, but I found this poster(see pic) and loved the fact that I could know the names of the shells we have collected. Yesterday, I bought a frame and trimmed it to size and hung it up. I'm proud to say that I have almost all of them. "May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand between your toes!"
Comments:
Vickie Dyck:  Yes .... what to do when it doesn't turn out the way I wanted it to... I think you have the right idea, though... I like your "I refuse to lose enjoyment"! Matt Wiebe always says, "Perfect enough!"
Karen Martens Oh! I like that - "Perfect enough" - I think that will go in my brain for fast recall!
Karen Stobbe I love this concept. an inspiration. I shall begin finishing as well.
Joyanne Batty-DufourI was wondering what your plan was with all those shells. So cool they have stories behind them
Karen Martens:  That would spoil several "finish" items if I told, Joyanne. We will just have to wait and see, though if you want some hints, my pinterest page has lots of great ideas. 
Nicole Laliberte: That is an impressive shell collection Karen! I'm excited to see the finished projects. And also glad to hear that I'm not the only one who ends up "growling, stomping upstairs, and going to bed". 
People who like this:  Sara, Jody, Jeff, Tanja, Bobby

No comments:

Post a Comment