Thursday, February 13, 2014

"So here's what I think:  The best thing you can do right now is to finish what you started last year and not let those good intentions grow stale.  Your heart's been in the right place all along.  You've got what it takes to finish it up, so go to it":  2 Cor. 8:10 (The Message)

Day 35:  Yeah!!  I have half a dozen craft classes prepped and in bins 75% ready to go; but I never get around to teaching them or I get inspired to do a different craft or I just never finish the things that I start.  I love this journey that I'm on - it is so satisfying!  I think I feel better about finishing something than I do about following an inspiration trail.  This is a dramatically surprising revelation to me.  To stay the course, so to speak, has its own unique rewards that following an inspirational path might not have.  That being said, I know I committed to not starting anything new this year, but I think I HAVE to head over to a friend's house for a mini fabric album one of these nights.  Inspiration, after all, has its satisfying characteristics too and maybe all the more rewarding after finishing something long over due.  Who says I can't have my cake and eat it too!!!!

Today I led a class that I've had in mind for a couple of years.  I gathered supplies and made a demo with a friend last July! My Laird crafting friends completed our first multimedia art mini canvas. This taught us a lot about layering and we will be ready to do a large canvas soon! (I have those half-prepped in the craft closet as well!)  Happy Valentines Day to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment